As a component of the ABCUSA Call to Prayer for Myanmar, the Burma Refugee Commission commends American Baptists to consider an invitation from the Baptist World Alliance (BWA) to stand together with the global Baptist family during a Myanmar Red Ribbon Solidarity Weekend | April 28-May 2, 2021. During this weekend, the BWA encourages sending letters of advocacy to local government leaders, wearing red ribbons as a sign of solidarity, participating in collective prayer in local communities, and sharing a prayer.
The BWA has also suggested a unique focus for each day:
- Wednesday: Study Day – pray and learn in Bible study or small groups
- Thursday: Advocacy Day – sign and circulate the advocacy letters on our website
- Friday: Global Prayer Day – pray for 7 minutes throughout the day; organize prayer circles; post your prayers on Facebook and Instagram; and/or share a prayer on our website for Myanmar leaders
- Saturday: Youth / Share Day – take photos wearing red ribbons or post the recommended images and hashtags on your social media and share with friends
- Sunday: Worship Day – include prayers, scripture reflections, and calls to action within your worship gathering
Access the BWA helpful guides and learn more about their actions of advocacy and solidarity here.