VALLEY FORGE, PA (9/20/23)—The American Baptist Churches USA Office of the General Secretary welcomes applications for the Chestnut Street Baptist Church Endowment Fund Grant awards by Monday, October 30, 2023.
The grant was established from the remaining assets of the Chestnut Street Baptist Church of Philadelphia, Pa., by the American Baptist Churches USA Office of the General Secretary. Applicants must be American Baptist churches in Pennsylvania ministering to immigrants and persons of Asian descent.
Grants are available for:
- maintaining a house of worship for Pennsylvania American Baptist churches’ congregants, teaching and preaching the Gospel through ministry to refugees, immigrants and persons of Asian descent;
- funding seminary and other educational training for congregants of Pennsylvania American Baptist churches or those engaged in ministry to or with such churches; and/or
- hosting national and regional gatherings of Asian American Baptists; and/or
- encouraging and supporting Asian church planting; and/or
- participating in Asian refugee and immigrant work and resettlement as may be sponsored by such churches.
In 2023, $25,000 in grant funds will be awarded for projects that align with the guidelines above, with preference given to applicants in the Philadelphia area in Pennsylvania. The maximum grant awarded to any one American Baptist Pennsylvania-based local church/church organization is $5,000.
A grant application and more information can be found here.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.