VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 1/20/23)—On Legacy Sunday, you can plan a service on generosity, as well as provide informational resources to your potential donors about how they can use planned giving with the help of the American Baptist Foundation to empower your ministry and mission.
Planning a Legacy Sunday
Planning a Legacy Sunday involves several components:
- Promoting the date in advance
- Providing the congregation with informational resources
- Developing a service about what it means to steward God’s resources while leaving a legacy
- Below, please see the resources necessary for each of these three steps. The American Baptist Foundation believes that it is important for ministries to have a conversation about generosity through planned giving and that is why we want to partner with you.
Resources for Promoting the Date
Use these materials to plan your Legacy Sunday event. See the document Promoting Legacy Sunday for tips on how to use these resources.
- Legacy Sunday Introduction Letter
- Sermon Outline One and Two
- Bulletin insert
- Save the Date Flyer
- Join Us Flyer
- Facebook Banner
- Facebook Post One and Two
- Estate Planning Guide Brochure
- Planned Giving Gift Guide Brochure
- American Baptist Foundation – Mission Video
How ABF Can Help
Through your Legacy Sunday event, you can inspire donors to give in creative ways to support your church’s ministry and mission. The American Baptist Foundation is available to partner with your ministry to help educate donors on ways to give such as Charitable Gift Annuities, Wills (Bequest), Gifts of Stock, Estate Planning and so much more.
American Baptist Foundation’s development advisors are available to speak with anyone in your church who wants to learn more about planned giving. You can also invite an advisor to visit your church or to host a virtual event.
Contact the American Baptist Foundation at 610-768-2035 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
American Baptist Foundation supports the stewardship of all American Baptist individuals, churches, and organizations by providing gift planning, gift management, endowment fund management, and educational resources in harmony with the mission of our faith family.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.