American Baptists and friends are invited to participate in a signature campaign promoted by the Burma Advocacy Group, a coalition convened by the American Baptist Churches Burma Refugee Commission.
The Goal of the Campaign is to gather and submit as many signatures as possible to our US Senators and Representatives to request them to pass the (revised) Burma Bill that is under consideration. The signature campaign will run through March 31, 2022. Take action HERE.
The Burma Advocacy Group believes the Burma Bill is our greatest opportunity to achieve:
- an end to the human tragedy and crimes against humanity in Burma,
- an end the brutal military dictatorship in Burma, and
- an opportunity to achieve a federal democracy in Burma for which the people of Burma have been giving their
Please promote the Signature Campaign in your congregation as well as with other churches and community groups who might participate to help pass the Burma Bill.
View a letter containing promotional materials for sharing and details of how to gather signatures.
View a webinar recording that provides information about the signature campaign that American Baptists are promoting for the Burma Act Bill. The webinar recording includes a brief introduction about the campaign and several members of the Burma Advocacy Group responding to questions about the campaign. See below:
More about the Burma Advocacy Group
The Burma Advocacy Group is a group of leaders from associations, churches, community groups and acting with one voice to advocate for the passage of the Burma Bill.
Representatives from the following organizations are participating:
- American Baptist Churches USA
- International Advocacy Baptist Collaborative
- ABC of Greater Indianapolis
- Kachin Alliance of USA
- ABC of Nebraska
- Kachin American Baptist Association
- Baptist World Alliance and 21 Wilberforce
- Kachin Baptist Churches USA
- Burmese American Community Institute
- Karen Baptist Churches USA
- Burmese Refugee Commission
- Karen Organization of America
- Chin Association of Maryland
- Karenni Baptist Churches USA
- Chin Baptist Association North America
- Mizo Society of America
- Chin Baptist Churches USA
- Myanmar Baptist Churches USA
- Chin Community of Indiana
- U.S. Campaign for Burma
- Grassroots Movement for Burma
- U.S. Chin Coalition
We would like to give a special thanks to our friends at www.21Wilberforce.org for partnering with us as we defend freedom and justice in Burma.