VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 5/10/19)—Young adults are encouraged to apply for American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ (ABHMS) first “Intercultural Institute for Emerging Leaders.” Slated for September, this innovative cultural-competency training program seeks to provide hands-on, in-depth experience to effectively engage across cultures.
The program aims to do the following:
- cultivate culturally diverse leaders from across all ABHMS network areas;
- facilitate the building of alliances across cultural boundaries for ministry and missions;
- ensure the sustainability of ministries;
- motivate young leaders to network beyond their own ethnic groups; and
- promote change strategies necessary to impact Christian leadership across the United States and Puerto Rico.
To be eligible, an applicant should be the following:
- aged 21-39;
- active in church or community;
- actively seeking and embracing intercultural engagement; and
- interested in multicultural experiences.
The program is comprised of three sessions. The first is an in-person gathering to be held Sept. 6-8 at ABHMS’ Leadership and Mission Building, 1075 First Ave., King of Prussia, Pa. The second and third sessions are virtual meetings for which dates will be announced.
Apply online by midnight on June 24. Those selected will be notified of acceptance by June 28. Applying for the program does not guarantee acceptance.
Registration fee of $150 includes two nights’ hotel stay and meals from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch. After participants are selected, a limited number of scholarships will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis to cover a percentage of travel expenses.
For scholarship or other questions, contact Tina Harp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies partners with American Baptists to promote Christian faith, cultivate Christ-centered leaders and disciples, and bring healing and transformation to communities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.