VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 2/4/19)—Individuals who seek to bring their Christ-centered ideas to ministry fruition are encouraged to apply to participate in American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ (ABHMS) new eight-month “Co-Creators Incubator” to begin meeting in April. The application deadline is midnight on Friday, Feb. 22.
The Co-Creators Incubator seeks to turn ideas into viable ministries. While fostering collegiality, the incubator provides creative individuals—referred to as Co-Creators—with resources to develop their ideas or enhance their ministries, matching them with creative partners who may provide long-term financial and other support.
While a Co-Creator is eager to put ideas into action, he or she may be at any point in the creative process, from brainstorming to launching.
An ideal Co-Creator possesses the following qualities:
- active in a broadly defined definition of ministry;
- collaborative (willing to partner with ABHMS and other ministry colleagues);
- engaged in ministry that fits within ABHMS’ missional framework; and
- Christian (if not American Baptist, willing to work with American Baptists).
Co-Creators will be chosen by ABHMS and notified via email on Monday, March 11. While Co-Creators will check in virtually with ABHMS and the cohort via the ministrElife online networking site during project development from April to October, they will also be required to attend in-person meetings and events on the following dates:
- April 8 and 9: Kickoff Summit, ABHMS Mission Center, Valley Forge — Co-Creators will interact with mentors possessing expertise in entrepreneurship, theological framing, leadership development, networking, congregational and community partnerships, missiology and strategic thinking for storytelling, collaboration and experimentation.
- June 21-23: American Baptist Biennial Mission Summit, Virginia Beach, Va.; attendance is optional but highly recommended.
- Oct. 7 and 8: Launch Summit, ABHMS Mission Center — Co-Creators present findings to creative partners and plan next steps.The application deadline is midnight on Friday, Feb. 22. Applications will be accepted online only. To apply, visit cocreatorsincubator.com.
Additional information is available online, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Rev. Sarah Strosahl-Kagi at 888-79-ABHMS or 610-768-2462.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies partners with American Baptists to promote Christian faith, cultivate Christ-centered leaders and disciples, and bring healing and transformation to communities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.