VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 5/29/18)—American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) encourages New Baptist Covenant’s (NBC) covenant of action partners to apply to NBC for a grant to support the work of their covenant of action.
Grants of $5,000 will be awarded to covenant partners engaged in high-impact and innovative covenants. The NBC Covenant of Action Grant is intended to support the collaborative ministries developed as part of the NBC Covenant of Action initiative. Grants will be awarded based on the potential impact of the covenant partners’ covenant of action and the thoughtfulness with which the covenant is conceived and implemented.
For applications to be considered, a covenant of action must meet the following criteria:
- be developed and based on one of Jesus’ Luke 4:18-19 mandates and
- be built on multiracial partnerships between Baptists, characterized by mutuality, respect and love.
Recipients of an NBC Covenant of Action Grant must be in good standing with NBC and work to advance the mission of the NBC movement. Furthermore, grant recipients must do the following:
- submit at least two journal reflections as assigned by NBC staff;
- document efforts with pictures and videos and share this media with NBC for the use of NBC;
- create a guidebook so that others can replicate the efforts;
- enlist at least one new team to create a covenant of action; and
- submit a financial report documenting your use of NBC Covenant of Action Grant funds.
The application deadline is June 15, 2018. Grant recipients will be announced July 13, and grants will be dispersed Aug. 3.
For more information or to apply, visit http://newbaptistcovenant.org > Covenant of Action > CoA Grant Application.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies partners with American Baptists to promote Christian faith, cultivate Christ-centered leaders and disciples, and bring healing and transformation to communities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.