- Cumberland Associations, American Baptist Churches (ABC) of Maine
- Judson Memorial Church, New York City
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Kan.
- Fredrikson Center for Faith and Church Vitality, Ottawa (Kan.) University
- ABC of Metro Chicago
- ABC of New York State
- The Center for Career Development and Ministry, Dedham, Mass.
- First Baptist Church, Norfolk, Neb.
- United Church of Granville, Ohio
- Asian American Leadership Center, Hayward, Calif.
- Northwind Institute, ABC of the Rocky Mountains
- ABC of Nebraska
- Seminario Evangélico de Puerto Rico, San Juan
- Latham (N.Y.) Community Baptist Church
- CHUM, Duluth, Minn.
- ABC of the Rocky Mountains
- ABC of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Christian Center
- West Virginia Baptist School of Christian Studies, Parkersburg
- Palmer Theological Seminary, Eastern University, King of Prussia, Pa.
- Greater Bethesda Missionary Baptist Church, Chicago, Ill.
- ABC of the Northwest
- NextGen Church, West Windsor, N.J.
- Bethel Baptist Church, Leota, Ind.
- New Life Christian Fellowship, Castro Valley, Calif.
- D.C. Baptist Convention
- National Memorial Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
Ranging from $5,000 to $25,000, the awards will fund special projects and programs that best demonstrate the theme “Alternative Models for Developing Leadership for Mission and Ministry.” Applicant organizations submitted innovative projects and experiments with alternative models of leadership development and enhancement, using approaches that are context-appropriate and reflective of the realities of 21st-century church, culture, ministry and mission.
The Virginia and Gordon Palmer Jr. Trust was created in 1999 as a permanent endowment to the ABF. The trust is administered by the foundation in accordance with established guidelines and principles.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies ministers as the caring heart and serving hands of Jesus Christ across the United States and Puerto Rico through a multitude of initiatives that focus on leadership, discipleship and healing communities.
American Baptist Churches is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.