Applications for the Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA, are due on Tuesday, March 1, 2016. Applications must be sent with all application materials included, and received by the March 1 deadline. A new application was made available in December 2015. To view the guidelines and download the application form, click here. Awards for the Matthew 25 grant are made twice a year, in April and October, with application deadlines of March 1 and September 1.
In Fall 2015, a total of 69 applicants received funding ranging from $500 to $5,000, with a total of $169,140 awarded. The Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA and the Board of General Ministries, is funded by a generous donor whose goal is to help meet the needs of “housing, feeding, education and health with regard to the less fortunate.”
Grant awards were given to ministries addressing the following needs:
• Food for students on free or reduced lunch at school
• Funds for programs for children of incarcerated parents
• Food pantry needs, including fresh food items
• Nutritional funds for students at a college
• School clothes and winter clothes for children in need
• Funds for the construction of an elementary school in Haiti
• Food, personal needs items and warm clothing for several homeless ministries
• Replacing computer equipment to train unemployed persons
• Food and training for ministries focusing on recovering adults
• Providing meals for families living in motels
• After school program funding needs
• Funds for family and parenting programs
• Training and transportation of migrant workers and refugees
• And many more.
In order to be eligible for funds, ministries must have a relationship with American Baptist Churches USA. Awards from the fund will be disbursed twice a year, in April and in October, and the maximum amount given to any ministry or church will be $5,000 per year. The application process is structured to help small ministries with limited staff time. All applications must be submitted electronically to Tina.Turner@abc-usa.org.
For questions about the Matthew 25 Grant, please contact Tina Turner at Tina.Turner@abc-usa.org.