VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 4/28/15)—American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA) announces the spring awards for its Matthew 25 Grant. A total of 34 applicants received funding ranging from $500 to $4,250, with a total of $78,318 awarded. The Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA and the Board of General Ministries, is funded by a generous donor whose goal is to help meet the needs of “housing, feeding, education and health with regard to the less fortunate.”
Grant awards were given to ministries describing the following needs:
- Weekend food for students on free or reduced lunch at school
- Scholarships to send children of incarcerated parents to camp
- Food pantry needs, including fresh food items
- ESL program in a local community
- Emergency fund for students at a school of theology
- Backpacks and school clothes for children in need
- Funds for the construction of a community center in Uganda
- Prison ministries for women at a state institution
- After school programs
- And many more
Awards for the Matthew 25 grant are made twice a year, in April and October, with application deadlines of March 1 and September 1. To view the guidelines and download the application form, click here.
American Baptist Churches is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with over 5,200 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.