Applications for the Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA, are due September 1, 2014. Applications must be sent with all application materials included, and received by September 1. Awards for the Matthew 25 grant are made twice a year, in April and October, with application deadlines of March 1 and September 1. To view the guidelines and download the application form, click here.
In the spring of 2014, 36 ministries related to American Baptist Churches received funding from the ABCUSA Matthew 25 Grant in amounts ranging from $500 to $5,000. A total of $94,750 was disbursed.
Ministries receiving funding included:
- Summer camps for at risk boys or children of incarcerated individuals in Ohio, Illinois, and New Jersey
- Summer camps for needy children, including free lunches, in Florida, Illinois, Maine, Indiana and Iowa
- Scholarships for native Americans in a college in Oklahoma; preschool children in Kentucky; at-risk teenage girls in Kansas; and developmentally delayed adults at a residential facility in Arizona
- School supplies in Washington and Indiana
- Support of homeless shelters in Indiana and Nebraska
- Food pantries in North Carolina, Maine, Indiana (2), Colorado, New Jersey and Ohio
- Hot meal ministries in Kansas, Indiana, Minnesota and California
- Personal needs pantries, including diapers, in Illinois and Nebraska
- Job readiness programs in Idaho, Kansas and New Jersey
- Short-term emergency expenses in Indiana, Oregon and Virginia
- Parent training in Kansas
- A Habitat house in Illinois
- International needs including building container gardens in the Dominican Republic, installing water filters in Haiti, and supporting Syrian refugees in Lebanon
In order to be eligible for funds, ministries must have a relationship with American Baptist Churches USA. Awards from the fund will be disbursed twice a year, in April and in October, and the maximum amount given to any ministry or church will be $5,000 per year. The application process is structured to help small ministries with limited staff time. All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
To download the simple application form, click here.
For questions about the Matthew 25 Grant, please contact Beth Fogg at Beth.Fogg@abc-usa.org.