VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 4/1/14)—The Star Book for Ministers has been a trusted companion and reference for many generations of evangelical pastors. The perennial best-seller in the Judson Press “Star Book” series, The Star Book for Ministers released in its Third Revised Edition today with much anticipation and excitement. Twenty years have passed since the last revision of this pastoral resource. This edition contains everything ministers love about the classic, with essential updates for twenty-first century ministry.
The Star Book for Ministers presents an overview of the pastor’s work and provides suggestions for all aspects of ministry including:
• Rich selection of Scriptures from the King James Version for diverse occasions of pastoral care
• Frameworks for weddings and funerals
• Parliamentary considerations for churches
• Forms for commonly needed letters and certificates
Among the new features of the third revised version:
• Restores the beloved Episcopal funeral service
• Offers a cremation service and a service for the interment of ashes
• Contains other modest updates and minor restorations
• Includes a new preface from Rev. Dr. Aidsand Wright-Riggins III, Executive Director of the American Baptist Home Mission Societies and CEO of Judson Press
About the Author
Dr. Edward Thurston Hiscox (1814–1901) was a distinguished Baptist theologian and author whose Standard Manual for Baptist Churches (1890) and New Directory for Baptist Churches (1894) were considered two of the foundational works of the modern Baptist church. In 1964, these classic books were combined into the Hiscox Guide for Baptist Churches, which is still available from Judson Press.
To order Judson Press resources, visit www.judsonpress.com or call 800-458-3766.
Founded in 1824, Judson Press is the publishing ministry of the American Baptist Home Mission Societies, American Baptist Churches USA. It is committed to producing Christ-centered leadership resources for the transformation of individuals, congregations, communities, and cultures.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies—the domestic mission arm of American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA)—ministers as the caring heart and serving hands of Jesus Christ across the United States and Puerto Rico through a multitude of initiatives that focus on discipleship, community, and justice.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with more than 5,200 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.