VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 12/4/13)—Registration for EMERGE: Baptist Witness in the 21st Century Ministers Conference closed on Tuesday, 12/10. EMERGE gives ministers an opportunity to refresh, learn, grow, and connect with other American Baptist pastors in Orlando, Florida, January 6-9, 2014. Visit www.abcemerge.com to learn about over 20 available workshops, influential event speakers, worship leaders and more.
Conferees will explore emergent themes in Baptist theology of the Holy Spirit, postmodern witness and third millennium mission, in this 200th anniversary year of the historic Judson mission to Burma. Leaders will find their themes in Acts 1:8.
EMERGE has a strong line-up of speakers, including:
- Dr. Adam L. Bond, associate professor of Historical Studies at the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology of Virginia Union University in Richmond, VA
- Rev. Dr. Elizabeth Conde-Frazier, dean of Esperanza College of Eastern University in Philadelphia, PA
- Dr. Kirk Byron Jones, adjunct professor of ethics, preaching and pastoral ministry at Andover Newton Theological School in Newton Centre, MA
- Dr. Craig S. Keener, professor of New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY
- Dr. Molly T. Marshall, president and professor of Theology and Spiritual Formation at Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Shawnee, KS
- Rev. Dr. Steve Van Ostran, executive minister of the American Baptist Churches of the Rocky Mountains in Centennial, CO
Rev. Dr. Don Ng, ABCUSA Vice President and Senior Pastor at First Chinese Baptist Church in San Francisco, says:
“Every professional church leader needs to maintain the highest level of competency and confidence in ministry. Taking time to acquire such abilities means making our own staff development a high priority. As a senior pastor for the past 15 years, I know that I look forward to such invigorating experiences on a regular basis. As pastors and church leaders who would have just completed celebrating Christmas and welcoming the New Year, join me at EMERGE in Orlando in 2014!”
American Baptist Churches is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with over 5,200 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.