The Mission Summit Conversations are a featured part of the Mission Summit/Biennial, June 21-23, 2013 in Overland Park, Kansas! The Mission Summit Conversations will be an open opportunity for anyone attending the event to engage in meaningful dialogue about a topic of interest by self-selecting into a small group.
The Mission Summit Conversations are the heart of the Mission Summit. Topics can be viewed by clicking here
Schedule for Mission Summit Conversations
Saturday, June 22: 9:30 – 11:00 am – Mission Summit Conversations – round one
Saturday, June 22: 2:45 – 3:45 pm – Mission Summit Conversations – round two
Saturday, June 22: 4:00 – 4:50 pm – Reports in plenary session
Sunday, June 23: 2:45 – 4:45 pm – Mission Summit Conversations – round three
Overall Goal – Create the space for meaningful conversation among the Mission Summit participants in order to advance the mission and ministry of our American Baptist Churches.
- MSC participants to invest in a meaningful conversation about mission and ministry
- MSC participants to gain insights from one another during the MSC
- MSC participants to desire to continue the conversation after the Mission Summit/Biennial
- MSC participants to offer insights, needs, and hopes to Mission Table participants
The groups will be divided into three large rooms titled, “Our Leaders,” “Our Witness,” and “Our Future.” The packet given out upon registration will show which room each group is in and there will lobby hosts and room hosts at the Mission Summit/Biennial to help you find the group that you would like to join. You can join ANY group that interests you!
Attendees’ should take away from the Mission Summit Conversations:
(1) an understanding that they and their local congregations are not alone in the challenges that they face in mission and ministry;
(2) contact information and helpful insights from others who are facing similar challenges; and
(3) an experience to inspire discernment and excitement about possible experiments for their local church setting.