Published on November 13th, 2018 | by ABCUSA0
ABHMS to Present Daily Online Highlights, Livestream from ‘Space for Grace’ 2018
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 11/13/18)—Keep up with Space for Grace 2018’s Spirit-filled “Thy Will Be Done”-themed worship; world-class lectures; faith-inspired art and performances; cutting-edge, locally applicable learning opportunities; and much more with American Baptist Home Mission Societies’ (ABHMS) daily highlights from the refreshing urban retreat at Loews Hotel in Philadelphia.
Space for Grace will take place from Nov. 14 to 16, and ABHMS’ website at abhms.org will spotlight select Space for Grace happenings from the previous day each morning from Nov. 15 to 17. In addition, Space for Grace can be followed on social media: Facebook @missionsocieties, Twitter @abhomemission and Snapchat @missionsocieties.
ABHMS will livestream the following Space for Grace events at abhms.org > Space for Grace:
- Opening worship, 7 p.m. Nov. 14;
- Morning worship, 8:30 a.m. Nov. 15;
- Workshop: “Critical Challenges and Opportunities Facing Religious Leaders, Theological Education and The Church,” 10:30 a.m. Nov. 15;
- Workshop: “America’s Changing Religious Landscape and the Future of Faith,” 2 p.m. Nov. 15;
- Workshop: “It Matters…Brave Conversations About Race,” 3 p.m. Nov. 15;
- Evening worship, 7 p.m. Nov. 15;
- Morning worship, including a “Rebuilding, Restoring, Renewing Puerto Rico” panel discussion, 8:30 a.m. Nov. 16;
- Workshop: “Worship with Impact Beyond Sunday,” 11 a.m. Nov. 16;
- Workshop: “Practicing Faith in a Social Media Culture,” 2 p.m. Nov. 16; and
- Closing worship, 7 p.m. Nov. 16.
To be held in the heart of a top-10 largest U.S. city, Space for Grace will feature inspiring homilists and worship music; intercultural Communion; a chapel/quiet room; early morning prayer; hands-on pre-conference events; and compelling conversation with faith leaders, community service leaders and social justice advocates about tackling mission, developing leaders and disciples, and transforming churches and communities.
Those who have not yet registered but would like to attend the 2½-day event may register onsite beginning at 8 a.m. on Nov. 14 at the hotel’s Millennium Foyer, Second Floor. The $299 registration fee includes three evening receptions, two lunches and two breakfasts.
Learn more online or by calling 800.222.3872, x2452.
American Baptist Home Mission Societies partners with American Baptists to promote Christian faith, cultivate Christ-centered leaders and disciples, and bring healing and transformation to communities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
American Baptist Churches USA is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with approximately 5,000 congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.