Published on October 26th, 2015 | by ABCUSA0
ABCUSA Awards Fall Matthew 25 Grants
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 10/26/15)—American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA) announces the fall 2015 awards for its Matthew 25 Grant. A total of 69 applicants received funding ranging from $500 to $5,000, with a total of $169,140 awarded. The Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA and the Board of General Ministries, is funded by a generous donor whose goal is to help meet the needs of “housing, feeding, education and health with regard to the less fortunate.”
Grant awards were given to ministries addressing the following needs:
• Food for students on free or reduced lunch at school
• Funds for programs for children of incarcerated parents
• Food pantry needs, including fresh food items
• Nutritional funds for students at a college
• School clothes and winter clothes for children in need
• Funds for the construction of an elementary school in Haiti
• Food, personal needs items and warm clothing for several homeless ministries
• Replacing computer equipment to train unemployed persons
• Food and training for ministries focusing on recovering adults
• Providing meals for families living in motels
• After school program funding needs
• Funds for family and parenting programs
• Training and transportation of migrant workers and refugees
• And many more.
Awards for the Matthew 25 grant are made twice a year, in April and October, with application deadlines of March 1 and September 1. To view the guidelines, click here. The application form is being updated and will be available by December 15, 2015.
American Baptist Churches is one of the most diverse Christian denominations today, with over 5,200 local congregations comprised of 1.3 million members, across the United States and Puerto Rico, all engaged in God’s mission around the world.