Published on August 5th, 2015 | by ABCUSA0
Matthew 25 Grant Applications Due September 1
Applications for the Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA, are due September 1, 2015. Applications must be sent with all application materials included, and received by September 1. Awards for the Matthew 25 grant are made twice a year, in April and October, with application deadlines of March 1 and September 1. To view the guidelines and download the application form, click here.
Last spring, a total of 34 applicants received funding ranging from $500 to $4,250, with a total of $78,318 awarded. The Matthew 25 Grant, sponsored by ABCUSA and the Board of General Ministries, is funded by a generous donor whose goal is to help meet the needs of “housing, feeding, education and health with regard to the less fortunate.”
Grant awards were given to ministries describing the following needs:
- Weekend food for students on free or reduced lunch at school
- Scholarships to send children of incarcerated parents to camp
- Food pantry needs, including fresh food items
- ESL program in a local community
- Emergency fund for students at a school of theology
- Backpacks and school clothes for children in need
- Funds for the construction of a community center in Uganda
- Prison ministries for women at a state institution
- After school programs
- And many more
In order to be eligible for funds, ministries must have a relationship with American Baptist Churches USA. Awards from the fund will be disbursed twice a year, in April and in October, and the maximum amount given to any ministry or church will be $5,000 per year. The application process is structured to help small ministries with limited staff time. All applications must be submitted electronically to Tina.Turner@abc-usa.org.
To download the simple application form, click here.
For questions about the Matthew 25 Grant, please contact Tina Turner at Tina.Turner@abc-usa.org.